Welcome to the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors® (NVAR)!
As part of your onboarding experience, you are invited to attend a mandatory New Member Orientation course. In this class, you will learn all about the resources available to you through your 3-way membership with the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors®, the Virginia Association of Realtors® (VAR) and the National Association of Realtors® (NAR).
You will also learn how NVAR "Takes You Further®" by providing the latest technology, tools and resources available in helping you achieve success. A great resource for you as a new agent is our New Member Hub located online at www.nvar.com/memberhub.
As a new Realtor®, you will need to complete the following steps within your first 60 days of joining the association...
1) Register for your 2.5 hour (virtual) NAR Code of Ethics course. This course must be completed within 60 days of joining NVAR.
2) Register and attend your in-person NVAR New Member Orientation.
3) Fulfill your Fair Housing requirement with NAR by taking NVAR's PL Fair Housing course included in your Post Licensing education. (All Post-Licensing should be completed within one year of your Real Estate License Issue Date)
*Please note: There is no virtual option for the New Member Orientation course at NVAR. Your NVAR membership is conditional until its completion. Pre-registration is required.
There is no charge for the New Member Orientation class or the NAR Code of Ethics course. New Members are encouraged to attend New Member Orientation within 60 days of joining. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need to schedule your New Member Orientation. We understand that things come up: If you are scheduled for today's New Member Orientation and you need to reschedule to a later date, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com with your new date preference. Please find the list of available dates at: www.nvar.com/memberhub.
The other resources below are strongly encouraged, but not required.
1) Prior to your New Member Orientation, we encourage you to tune into our virtual New Member Onboarding Wheel at www,nvar.com/onboarding. It is a series of twelve (12) short videos that will provide valuable information in moving forward in your Realtor® journey.
2) We also encourage you to take a moment to claim your Realtor.com profile. Completing your online profile with Realtor.com enhances your online presence, and provides the best possible digital first impression to potential clients. More information about claiming your Realtor.com profile can be found at: www.nvar.com/agentprofile.
3) Consider taking NAR's Fairhaven Training to ensure your success as a new Realtor®.
4) Consider taking NAR's Bias Override: Overcoming Barriers to Fair Housing course.
We look forward to having you attend this vital first course in your Real Estate career!