To be considered as an instructor candidate for Continuing Education or Post Licensing courses, you must meet the following application criteria:
- Hold an active Virginia broker’s license with five (5) years of recent discipline-free, real estate experience as verified by NVAR and the Virginia Real Estate Board (DPOR). *
- Have or be willing to obtain a real estate instructor license through the Virginia Real Estate Board.
- Hold active, primary membership in good standing with NVAR.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year teaching experience and/or fifty (50) hours in the past two (2) years.
Applications also are subject to an audition (in person or by providing a video demonstration) and evaluation of presentation skills. In addition, all applicants must submit an outline of a course they have written on a topic relevant to the current real estate market. If you meet the criteria set forth above and wish to be considered for a personal interview and/or an audition, please send us:
- Your resume complete with teaching experience
- Completed NVAR Instructor Application Form, which includes three (3) references (not students)
- A copy of your active Virginia broker’s license
- A copy of your active Virginia instructor’s license
- A link to your video demonstration (if applicable)
- A copy of your course outline (one hour in length)
Please email these items to: Education@NVAR.com
Please note, the NVAR Real Estate School cannot guarantee a certain number of hours or a specific schedule of classes. Approval of any instructor is within the sole discretion of NVAR, including scheduling. Instructor positions are conditioned upon maintaining favorable evaluations and feedback. Please note, the entire approval process may take up to six to eight months.
If you have any questions about The Real Estate School or about our instructor requirements, please email the education department
or call (703) 207-3244. Thank you again for your interest in our school!
*Broker license is not required if you are teaching a stand-alone course in your area of expertise.