To be considered as an instructor candidate for Continuing Education or Post Licensing courses, you must meet the following application criteria:
- Hold an active Virginia broker’s license with five (5) years of recent discipline-free, real estate experience as verified by NVAR and the Virginia Real Estate Board (DPOR). *
- Have or be willing to obtain a real estate instructor license through the Virginia Real Estate Board.
- Hold active, primary membership in good standing with NVAR.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year teaching experience and/or fifty (50) hours in the past two (2) years.
Applications also are subject to an audition (in person or by providing a video demonstration) and evaluation of presentation skills. In addition, all applicants must submit an outline of a course they have written on a topic relevant to the current real estate market. If you meet the criteria set forth above and wish to be considered for a personal interview and/or an audition, please send us:
- Your resume complete with teaching experience
- Completed NVAR Instructor Application Form, which includes three (3) references (not students)
- A copy of your active Virginia broker’s license
- A copy of your active Virginia instructor’s license
- A link to your video demonstration (if applicable)
- A copy of your course outline (one hour in length)
Please email these items to: Education@NVAR.com
Please note, the NVAR Real Estate School cannot guarantee a certain number of hours or a specific schedule of classes. Approval of any instructor is within the sole discretion of NVAR, including scheduling. Instructor positions are conditioned upon maintaining favorable evaluations and feedback. Please note, the entire approval process may take up to six to eight months.
If you have any questions about The Real Estate School or about our instructor requirements, please email the education department
or call (703) 207-3244. Thank you again for your interest in our school!
*Broker license is not required if you are teaching a stand-alone course in your area of expertise.
BECOME A SPEAKER!
NVAR SPEAKER APPLICATION PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in offering an educational program at the Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS® (NVAR). We have a history of providing high quality educational programs to our members.
To be considered for a NVAR endorsed program, speakers must agree to provide educational content only and abide by NVAR’s guidelines, which will be provided if selected. In addition, speakers and programs must meet the following criteria:
- Speaker must be a member of NVAR
- Program must be relevant in the current real estate market
- Topic must be timely and have a well-defined focus
- Presentation must provide a practical application of materials
- Speaker must provide a 2-5 minute video demonstration
- Program lengths are limited to 1 to 4 hours
Program may or may not carry continuing education credit for Virginia Real Estate Licensees. If your program has not been previously approved by the Virginia Real Estate Board for continuing education credit, you must be willing to work with NVAR to obtain approval of any program NVAR deems appropriate to submit for credit.
If you meet the criteria set forth above and wish to be considered, please send us:
- A completed NVAR Speaker Application Form
- Course materials, including outline, power point and hand-outs
- Speaker’s Resume
- A link to your video demonstration
Please email these items to: Education@NVAR.com. You will receive confirmation of receipt of your completed application. Approval of any program is within the sole discretion of NVAR, including scheduling and any additional terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about educational programs offered at NVAR, please email the Education Department
or call (703) 207-3244. Thank you again for your interest in offering an educational program at NVAR!