Legal Blog


Legal Blog

The Legal Blog, brought to you by NVAR's Professional Standards department, helps you stay on top of the latest rules and regulations in the industry.

When is the limited access Premises Agreement used?

Aug 26, 2016


Question: Would Purchaser’s Limited Access to Premises Agreement (K1118) be the appropriate form to use for allowing a purchaser access to conduct a home inspection?

No. Purchaser’s Limited Access to Premises Agreement is used when a purchaser wishes to take possession of the property prior to settlement, but does not intend to occupy the property (e.g., if a purchaser wishes to begin renovations or have furniture delivered to the property prior to settlement). In such case, the seller would tender possession of the property to the purchaser (including keys) on the date agreed to by the parties.
  • Compensation and Commission