What exactly is a “common interest community manager?
What exactly is a common interest community manager?
A CIC manager is defined as a person or business entity that provides management services to an association for a fee or other compensation. Those management services may include the following:
- Acting for the association in its business, legal, financial or other transactions with association members and nonmembers
- Executing the resolutions and decisions of an association or enforcing the rights of the association secured by statute, contract, covenant, rule or bylaw
- Collecting, disbursing or otherwise controlling money or other property belonging to an association
- Preparing budgets, financial statements, or other financial reports for an association
- Arranging, conducting or coordinating meetings of an association or the governing body of an association
- Negotiating contracts or arranging for services or the purchase of property and goods for or on behalf of an association
- Offering or soliciting to perform any of these services on behalf of an association.