Condos continue to be one of the only affordable homeownership options in our region, but hidden costs, safety, maintenance issues and lax community governance are persistent problems that many buyers and consumers encounter without realizing. Ugh, as if!
It's important that we as Realtors® and clients are not Clueless about navigating these transactions.
10:30 AM-NOON at NVAR Fairfax: Industry experts, community stakeholders and NVAR Staff will discuss best practices for Realtors® to educate their clients about buying and living in a Condo Community.
- What are the current disclosure laws?
- What should buyers expect from community management?
- How do buyers identify potential infrastructure issues that could lead to future assessments?
- How do Realtors® help clients without getting into legal disclosure hot water?
- What can an owner do if they find themselves and their community in a bad situation?
- And more hot topic issues.
We’re totally buggin for you to join us for this event!
Lunch will be included with this event!
Doug Enger - Senior Mortgage Officer at PrimeLending
Maria Flaks - Senior Director of Legal Affairs, NVAR
Jerry Friedlander- Owner, Friedlander & Friedlander P.C.
Patrick Page - Managing Broker at Keller Williams Realty McLean and Great Falls
Mary Reece - Vice President, Compliance at Freddie Mac
Moderator: Nancy Harvey Steorts - Chair of the NVAR Public Policy Committee
We look forward to seeing you there!