Latest Press Release
December 28, 2016 - NVAR Awarded Global Platinum Council
The Northern Virginia Association of Realtors® Awarded Global Platinum Council, Outstanding Ambassador Association Status; Other International Honors Achieved. NVAR Fosters Realtor® Representation in Four Countries and South America
Fairfax, VA –“We, at the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors®, are delighted that the National Association of Realtors® awarded us the Global Platinum Achievement Award for our members’ service to international clientele,” said NVAR CEO Ryan Conrad. “Since we are located next door to our nation’s capital, our members often have clients who are foreign nationals, immigrants, buyers with family abroad, multilingual families and others. NVAR provides international forums and relevant education to keep our members in the know about best practices for these clients and international transactions.”
NVAR leaders signing an Honorary Reciprocal Agreement with the leaders of the Cambodian delegation.
NVAR offers all members the chance to participate in Korean, Vietnamese, Hispanic and International Business forums, according to NVAR Chairman of the Board Virgil Frizzell. “Our global forums help communicate the importance of international real estate opportunities and teach our members about how to handle multicultural real estate transactions correctly,” said Frizzell.
Other 2016 NVAR international achievements were:
1. Frizzell served as a panelist in Lima, Peru at the COIPRO 2016 conference alongside Elizabeth Mendenhall, 2017 President-Elect of the National Association of Realtors®. He discussed the role of the real estate agent in transactions at an event hosted by the Peruvian Association of Real Estate Agents on Sept. 20, 2016.
2. NAR offers ambassador opportunities to more than 40 countries where there is reciprocal cooperation with a local real estate agent association. NAR selected five NVAR members to represent the United States Realtors® with another country or region.
Our NAR Presidential Liaison Ambassadors are:
Guatemala: Mayra Pineda, Fairfax Realty, Fairfax
Vietnam: Lieu Nguyen, Westgate Realty, Falls Church
Peru: Angie Delboy, RE/MAX Gateway, Arlington
Spain: Veronica Seva-Gonzalez, Compass, Washington, D.C.
South America: Mario Rubio, Rubio Realty, Annandale
3. NVAR hosted its 3rd Annual Realtor Showcase of Ideas and Innovative Concepts during in May with over 60 attendees of which 20 were are from allied associations in 9 countries all over the globe.
4. NVAR hosted a Cambodian Delegation for three days in November. During that visit, NVAR leaders signed an Honorary Reciprocal Agreement with the leaders of the Cambodian delegation. Image shown above.
5. Eighty Realtors® from Northern Virginia and across the United States earned the Certified International Property Specialist Designation (CIPS) during a week-long training class at its Fairfax Headquarters. The designation, sanctioned by the National Association of Realtors®, seeks to provide Realtors® with the knowledge, research, network and tools to globalize their business and better serve international clients.