How to Create One-Day Codes
Complete the following steps to create one day codes:
- Insert your SentriCard® into the card reader attached to your PC or your Broker’s office PC. The card reader will detect your ID and fill in the SentriLock ID field automatically. Enter your password in the Password field. Click “Login” to access the Main Menu window.
- Alternatively, you can access the Sentrilock Lockbox Web site directly if you do not have access to a card reader. To access the Web site directly, use your Web browser to access https://lockbox.sentrilock.com/lbs. You will need your SentriLock ID and password to log in to the Web site.
- From the Main Menu window, click “Add One-Day Codes”.
- The Add One-Day Codes window will display the Lockbox field. To select a lockbox, click the Select button to open the Select Lockbox window. You can search for a lockbox by serial number, location, agent or office name. In order to complete the assignment of a 1-day code, the name and license information for the person receiving the 1 day code must be entered into “Assigned to” field. After you select a lockbox, click “OK” to save your selection and close the Select Lockbox window.
- Select a date or date range from the Date(s) Valid drop-down lists. To generate codes for several days in a row, select the start date from the first drop-down list and the end date from the last drop-down list. To generate codes for a single day, select the same date from both drop-down lists. One-Day codes expire at midnight on the date you select. You can generate codes up to two weeks in advance.
- Click “Generate Codes” to create one-day codes.
How to Use 1-Day Codes
Complete the following steps to open the key compartment of a lockbox with a one-day code.
- On the lockbox’s keypad, press and hold “ENT”. This will “wake up” the lockbox.
- When the lockbox lights up the keypad, enter your one-day code. For example 1234567, and press “ENT”.
- The lockbox will open the key compartment.
Click here for more lockbox info
(Thank you to the Chicago Association of Realtors for these instructions)
- If the CODE and ERROR lights alternate after you enter a one-day code, you’ve entered an incorrect code.
- If pressing the ENT key in step 1 above does not “wake up” the lockbox (that is, the lockbox keypad does not light up), the lockbox owner may have locked the keypad (either with or without intending to). Normally the lockbox unlocks its keypad when a showing agent inserts his or her SentriCard®. Since you are using a one-day code, you probably do not have a SentriCard®. You can unlock the keypad by inserting a credit card or business card into the lockbox instead. When the lockbox beeps and lights up, remove your credit card. Wait for the lockbox CARD and ERROR lights to go out, and then start over with step 1 by pressing and holding the ENT key.