How to Create One-Day Codes
Complete the following steps to create one day codes:
- Access the Sentrilock Lockbox Web site or create one using the SentriKey Real Estate App. To access the Web site directly, use your Web browser to access https://lockbox.sentrilock.com/lbs. You will need your SentriLock ID and password to log in to the Web site.
- From the Main Menu window, click “Add One-Day Codes”.
- The Add One-Day Codes window will display the Lockbox field. To select a lockbox, click the Select button to open the Select Lockbox window. You can search for a lockbox by serial number, location, agent or office name. In order to complete the assignment of a 1-day code, the name and license information for the person receiving the 1 day code must be entered into “Assigned to” field. After you select a lockbox, click “OK” to save your selection and close the Select Lockbox window.
- Select a date or date range from the Date(s) Valid drop-down lists. To generate codes for several days in a row, select the start date from the first drop-down list and the end date from the last drop-down list. To generate codes for a single day, select the same date from both drop-down lists. One-Day codes expire at midnight on the date you select. You can generate codes up to two weeks in advance.
- Click “Generate Codes” to create one-day codes.
How to Use 1-Day Codes
Complete the following steps to open the key compartment of a lockbox with a one-day code.
- On the lockbox’s keypad, press and hold “ENT”. This will “wake up” the lockbox.
- When the lockbox lights up the keypad, enter your one-day code. For example 1234567, and press “ENT”.
- The lockbox will open the key compartment.
Click here for more lockbox info
(Thank you to the Chicago Association of Realtors for these instructions)
- If the CODE and ERROR lights alternate after you enter a one-day code, you’ve entered an incorrect code.
- If pressing the ENT key in step 1 above does not “wake up” the lockbox (that is, the lockbox keypad does not light up), the lockbox owner may have locked the keypad (either with or without intending to). In this case, you may want to contact the showing agent directly.