- REALTOR® in good standing for at least five (5) successive years immediately preceding candidacy, two (2) of which shall be as a member of the Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®;
- Actively engaged in the business of real estate as defined by the VREB Real Estate Regulations at the time of candidacy;
- Disclose any finding of violation against their license due to direct action of the candidate by the Virginia Real Estate Board or similar state regulatory authority within the last five (5) years as well as any previous felony convictions;
- Disclose any instances within the preceding five (5) years in which the candidate has been found by a professional standards hearing panel to have violated the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
- Sign a commitment statement indicating that, if elected, candidate will faithfully fulfill all duties, including meeting attendance and participation, and will serve and abide by the Association’s Policies and Procedures.
The nominee must be available to participate in the required candidate interview scheduled on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 and Wednesday, July 10, 2019. Interview time slots will be determined after the deadline.
Note: The Nominating Committee conducts interviews of all nominated and eligible candidates, per the Bylaws. Upon the completion of these interviews, the committee then recommends those deemed qualified to be placed on the ballot for election. Candidate will be asked to submit a questionnaire ahead of the interview. The interview will take about 20 minutes. The candidate will be notified of the Nominating Committee’s decision as to whether or not they will be included on the slate of candidates to run for election.
Petition Information: The Board of Directors represents the entire membership of the association. Participation from all members in volunteer leadership roles is encouraged, including the Board. Any member seeking to run for the Board will be included on the ballot by a petition including the signatures of 150 or more members. The petition will be provided upon request and can be completed electronically or by hard copy.