With less than two weeks until the 2019 elections, there is still time to vote early and make sure you do not get stuck out of town or with a client on election day.
In-Person Absentee: In-person absentee voting locations are established across Northern Virginia. The deadline for voting absentee in-person is Saturday, November 2, at 5 p.m. Check your local jurisdiction for voting hours and locations.
Reminder, there are 20 valid reasons to vote absentee in Virginia, including:
- Business outside County/City of residence on Election Day
- Personal business or vacation outside County/City of residence on Election Day
- Working and commuting to/from home for 11 or more hours between 6:00 AM and 7:00 PM on Election Day
- Physically unable to go to the polls because of an illness or disability.
- Primarily and personally responsible for the care of a disabled/ill family member confined at home
- An electoral board member, registrar, officer of election, or custodian of voting equipment
- I have a religious obligation
- Authorized representative of candidate or party serving inside the polling place
- Granted a protective order issued by or under the authority of a court of competent jurisdiction.
To learn more about these and other circumstances in which absentee voting is available, see the Complete list of information from Virginia Department of Elections
Absentee by Mail: The deadline to apply for a mail-in absentee ballot is October 29. You may apply online, by mail, by fax, or by email. Please take postal times into consideration and allow ample time to apply for and mail your absentee ballot so that it is received in your office of elections by 7:00 pm on Election Day.
Election Day, November 5: On Election Day Polls Are Open From 6:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.