The NVAR Economic Summit is one of NVAR's most-attended events and examines housing, economic and demographic trends on the national and local level. Taking place each year, the Economic Summit features a diverse panel of experts sharing what to expect in the housing market today and in the future, so you can be prepared as the go-to market expert for your colleagues and your clients.
Click here for the 2019 Economic Summit PowerPoint presentations.
Richard J Ernst Community Cultural Center
NOVA Community College
8333 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003
8:00a.m.–9:00a.m. Check-In/Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00a.m. Welcome | NVAR President Christine Richardson
- 9:05a.m.–9:15a.m. Introduction | Fred Westerlund, Real Estate Finance & Settlements Forum Advisory Chair
- 9:15a.m.–10:30a.m. Economic Outlook & Market Updates
- Dr. Terry L. Clower, George Mason University Professor of Public Policy and Director of the Center for Regional Analysis
- Dr. Jessica Lautz, V.P. of Demographics and Behavioral Insights, National Association of Realtors®
- 10:30a.m.–10:45a.m. BREAK | Network & Visit Sponsor Tables
- 10:45 a.m.–12:00p.m. Panel: Amazon HQ2 and Regional Economic Development: Impact on Northern Virginia Real Estate & Landing the “Next Big Thing”
- Victor Hoskins, President & CEO, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Stephanie Landrum, President & CEO, Alexandria Economic Development Partnership
- Christina Winn, Economic Development Director, Prince William County
Thank you to our partners:
|Dr. Terry L. Clower
George Mason University Professor of Public Policy and Director of the Center for Regional Analysis
Dr. Terry L. Clower is Northern Virginia Chair and Professor of Public Policy at George Mason University. He is also director of GMU’s Center for Regional Analysis. Dr. Clower received a B.S. in Marine Transportation, a M.S. in Applied Economics and a Ph.D. in Information Sciences from the University of North Texas specializing in information policy issues and the use of information resources.
President & CEO, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
Victor Hoskins has recently joined the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority. He is most known for leading the team that successfully attracted Amazon HQ2 to Arlington County, VA. He holds a Master’s degree in City Planning from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and a BA with Honors from Dartmouth College.
President & CEO, Alexandria Economic Development Partnership
Stephanie Landrum provides strategic and financial oversight at AEDP. She also acts as administrator for the City of Alexandria’s Industrial Development Authority. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in City and Regional Planning from the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA and a Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business.
|Dr. Jessica Lautz
V.P. of Demographics and Behavioral Insights, National Association of Realtors®
Through management of predictive analytics, surveys, focus groups and data analysis, Dr. Jessica Lautz presents new and innovative ways to showcase results. Dr. Lautz received her Doctorate of Real Estate from Nottingham Trent University. She also has a Master’s in Public Policy from American University and undergraduate degrees in Political Science and Law and Justice from Central Washington University.
Economic Development Director, Prince William County
Christina Winn has recently joined the Prince William Department of Economic Development as Executive Director. She will be focusing on attracting investments, creating jobs, and sparking economic development. Christina received her BS in Economics from Arizona State University and a MS in Real Estate Development from Johns Hopkins University.