Instructor: Eric Boll, Pillar to Post
Elective CE: 2 hours
Each course listed will give one hour of elective continuing education credit.
RADON AWARENESS (1-hour) This presentation is intended to increase your knowledge of radon, health risks, testing, and remediation.
This course will teach you:
- what radon is and where it comes from.
- the effect radon can have on your health.
- what levels of radon are dangerous.
- how a house can be tested for radon
- how radon can be excluded from the home
TERMITES - WHERE ARE THEY? (1-hour) This course looks at some of the characteristics of termite infestation in homes from recognizing them to treating the home. Buyers that are not accustomed to termites may not have realistic expectations. Preparation of your buyer is important in these situations. This seminar is designed to help you to help your client know what to expect when encountering Termite issues.
By the end of this session, you should:
- be able to describe characteristics of different Termite species.
- be able to recognize the different types of species damage.
- be able to calm the fear that termites instill in buyers.
- understand the hurdles involved with a termite inspection.
- understand the hurdles involved with termite treatment methods and the implications for your buyer.
- understand what they do
- understand the regional implications of different Termite species.
- understand your clients concerns about Termites in a home.
- understand the difference between Chemical Treatments and Fumigation Techniques and how this relates to the clients.
- understand why insurance companies are afraid of termites.
- understand the concerns with structural damages that may occur.
- understand what shelter tubes, mud tubes and frass are.
- understand the implications of termite damage to a home.
- understand what can be done to prevent and cure the home of Termite Infestation.