This course will cover a general survey of commercial leasing. It will cover these five sections that a real estate professional should know:
1. General Information - deals with the requirements on a non-resident owner to have a Virginia agent, the identification of a lease as personal property, not real property, the types and forms tenancies and more.
2. Basic Essentials - deals with the issues in proper identification of the parties as well as of the property and what happens when that is not done properly, the care needed in describing the permitted use of the property, its hours of operation, parking availability, the critical nature of the timing and wording of options to renew and/or to buy, etc.
3. Performance Issues - deals with the tenant's and the landlords's performance of the lease, what notices may be required, and how to properly give them and lease default provisions and the variations seen in those provisions.
4. Assignment - this subleasing section deals with the importance in the tenant's motivations in leasing and tenant's future planning.
5. Nonperformance Issues - deals with condemnation issues that may arise and adversely affect both landlords and tenants.
CANCELLATION POLICY APPLIES UPON REGISTERING FOR THIS COURSE. Cancellation fee is $5.00. No exceptions.
This course will be virtually. You will be emailed closer to the class the link to pre-register for the virtual class along with course materials. Thank you!