In keeping with the September safety theme, I’m excited to provide an update on NVAR initiatives that safeguard your business success.
Here’s a brief rundown of some of this year’s significant milestones within our three strategic drivers:
- Expanded annual Finance Summit to include a full day of programming
- Updated Top Producer’s Club to allow for greater participation, benefits and engagement
- Added five additional advisory groups to engage more members in leadership opportunities
- Updated the Herndon Center to match the look, feel and experience of our Fairfax headquarters
- Upgraded audio-visual capabilities in classrooms and meeting rooms
- Shared knowledge from Stefan Swanepeol’s T-3 Summit
- Partnered with neighboring associations to host the Xplode Tech Conference
- Continued NVAR Cares efforts, making a difference for our community through financial support, in-kind contributions, and member participation, including becoming the first-ever lifetime partner for three regional ReStores for Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia
- Collaborated regionally with local chambers of commerce and the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance to address issues such as affordability and transportation
- Advocated to preserve your rights to post signs in Fairfax County; helped to elect primary candidates for the upcoming mid-term election who are champions of our business interests
- Cultivated media sources to facilitate reporting by major news outlets, including the New York Times, WAMU, WTOP, Washington Post, Washingtonian magazine, CNBC, Fox5 News and others, recognizing NVAR Realtors® as the go-to experts on the Northern Virginia market
TAKING IT FURTHER
Now here are some things you can do to ensure business success moving forward:
Join us on Tuesday, Oct. 15 for our Annual Convention and Trade Show. Check out the center pull-out section of this issue to learn more.
Get to know the candidates for your 2020 Board of Directors by viewing their bios beginning on page 30. Then plan to cast your vote online between Sept. 11 – Oct. 12, 2019.
Renew your membership with NVAR. If you haven’t already, visit NVAR.com/dues to maintain your member benefits through 2020.
We look forward to continued progress on our strategic goals and a strong finish to 2019!
Ryan Conrad, CAE, CIPS, RCE, e-Pro
NVAR Chief Executive Officer email@example.com