SentriLock is implementing an extra layer of security to the SentriKey® Real Estate website and mobile app. In an effort to prevent unauthorized access, users have been asked via email to establish security questions and verify their cell phone, as of Thursday, Oct. 13.
There is a 28-day grace period for users to establish their security questions. After the 28-days (Nov 15), users must initiate the security questions to access the SentriKey® Real Estate® website or app.
If you are an existing customer, you will:
- Receive a pop-up notification prompting you to make a selection on the SentriKey® Real Estate website or in the mobile app.
- Answer two security questions from the predetermined list.
- Verify your cell phone. If your account features a verified cell phone, this step is already completed, and you will see a green checkmark next to the field.
- Receive a cell phone verification prompt. If your cell phone is already verified, you will not receive this.
If you are a new customer, you will:
- Complete your SentriLock account activation.
- Select and answer two questions from the predetermined list as part of your initial account activation.
- Be prompted to verify your cell phone number. Note: If your account features a verified cell phone, this step is omitted and you will see a green checkmark next to the field.
- Receive a cell phone verification prompt once you successfully activate your account.
I attempted to set up my questions, but I did not receive a verification text. What does this mean?
SentriLock was notified after the launch that users were not receiving verification texts when attempting to verify their cell phone number. The SentriLock IT team has since been working closely with phone carriers to ensure that the verification messages are not being marked as spam by the carriers and are being delivered to members.
Update as of October 19, 2022 - After further investigation, SentriLock has been able to identify the root cause. This problem has been resolved and SentriLock will turn the security questions back on by 11:00 a.m. EST on October 20. Their teams will closely monitor the situation to ensure there are no further issues.
I have not received any notification to set up my security questions, what does this mean?
This means you have already set up the security questions in the past. If you do not recall doing so, please call SentriLock's customer support team at 513-618-5800 to verify.
If you have any questions, please call SentriLock’s Customer Support team at 513-618-5800 or email the team at email@example.com.